|No image yet|
Riverbed Nightmare is a quest in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
|“||What are these horrible dreams that plague our leader each night? What terrible malefaction occurred on the shores of the Shrike River? And has my book suddenly turned from a heroic epic into a horror story?||„|
Find the cause of the nightmares and the way to stop them[edit | edit source]
- Our leader can't get any rest at night lately — and it's not due to bedbugs in his/her bedroll! As soon as (s)he closes his/her eyes, a nightmare begins tormenting him/her — a bloated, drowned corpse repeating the same words over and over: "Shrike River." We should go there and discover the source of these terrible dreams!
Kill the Stag Lord, then speak with Nettle[edit | edit source]
- So, the one sending us those nightmares was Davik Nettle — formerly a ferryman, now a creepy corpse eager to get revenge upon the Stag Lord. But that's why we came in the first place — to end the bandit's atrocities! So there was no need to spook us with bad dreams! Well, at least now we won't just be pacifying the region — we're also helping a poor soul find rest.
Outcome[edit | edit source]
|“||When the Stag Lord's blood spilled on the ground he'd defiled, we weren't the only ones to sigh with relief. We vindicated many innocent lives that accursed bandit had extinguished before we arrived. Alas, we know only one of his victims' names. Rest in peace, Davik Nettle!||„|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- After receiving this quest, the player should travel to Nettle's Crossing when convenient to prevent further sleep disturbances. Nettle's Crossing is located southeast of Oleg's Trading Post.
- Head directly south of where the party enters and pass a [ Perception 6] check to discover some rubble with an Ancient Rostlandic Coin.
- Entering the remains of the destroyed house, pass a [Perception 20] check to located a loose brick hiding some loot on the western side of the house.
- The eastern side of the house has a [Perception 25] check to locate another loose brick hiding a Ring of Protection +1 and some gold. This is a difficult check, and given how useful a Ring of Protection is at early levels is may be worth saving before entering the ruins and reloading until this loot is detected.
- Travel southeast down towards the river and Davik Nettle will rise from his watery grave and advance towards the party. This poor man is the one who build the bridge on the crossing, and he was slain by the Stag Lord's men. Davik sent nightmares to the player in order to draw them to the crossing so he could make his request: exterminate the Stag Lord and his men. and in return Davik will give the player his spear. The player will receive experience just for speaking with Davik.
- Good players may be tempted to kill Davik, but doing so will not resolve the quest, and he will simply return in time. Since the player will end up killing the Stag Lord as a part of Stolen Land no matter what, it's best to refrain from attacking.
- Upon returning to Davik, he will seem relieved, and will then collapse to the ground, dead for good this time. The player may loot his corpse for a Spear +1 as their reward.