Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is an upcoming sequel to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Developer Owlcat Games ran a successful Kickstarter campaign from 4 February to 11 March 2020, raising slightly over $2 million from over 35,000 backers. The initial target was $300,000. The game is planned for release in June 2021. A "slacker backer" option has been promised for people who missed the campaign.
Planned features[edit | edit source]
- Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game's story.
- Challenge the mighty Demon Lords and close the portal to the demonic plane of existence known as the Abyss.
- Enjoy the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder first edition ruleset. Create any character imaginable by choosing one of ten races, picking a particular class out of the 21 available, each with five archetypes for even greater customization. Gain access to more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities, and select those that suit your playstyle. Take control of your party formation, help set up a camp, and find a way to victory by combining the strengths of your companions.
- Lead the armies of the Fifth Crusade to victory in a new strategic layer of gameplay. In addition to the classic CRPG experience, step into the role of the Commander, gather troops, reinforce your stronghold, and send your armies to battle the demonic invasion across the map of the region. Send your crusaders to explore ancient ruins and recover powerful artifacts.
- Experience a non-linear story about the cost of tremendous power that adventurers often seek, with tales of corruption caused by the demonic influence and redemption for those who have stepped on the wrong path.
- Meet a new diverse cast of characters, including ten companions to recruit to your party and featuring multiple romance options to choose from.
- Take control of five new classes (Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch) and meet a new race–the half-undead dhampir–in addition to the previous roster from Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The number of archetypes per class has increased to five as well.
- Dive into the game even if you're not familiar with the intricacies of the Pathfinder ruleset. Use an enhanced tutorial for newcomers to help you with character creation and get up to speed with the rules of the system.
- Explore the world with updated visuals and a 360-degree rotating camera added for better playability and immersion.
- Current platforms: PC Windows (Steam, GOG)
- Current languages: English, French, German, Chinese, Russian, Spanish (funded by reaching a stretch goal)
More platforms and languages may be added in the future.
References[edit | edit source]
- Kickstarter Update #46, 7 April 2020