Coins for a Dead Man's Eyes
|Coins for a Dead Man's Eyes|
|No image yet|
|Swamp Witch's Hut|
|Swamp Witch's Hut|
|Phylactery of Positive Channeling or |
Cloak of Resistance +2
Coins for a Dead Man's Eyes is a quest in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
|“||The Narlmarches have proven one of the most cheerless locations in the barony — no small feat in the Stolen Lands. Blood-sucking insects swarm through the humid air, and stinking mud squelches underfoot. People had to have lived here once, judging by the ruined houses, but they must have left at least half a century ago.||„|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- The walking dead is cursing the fey and asking for two coins to cover his eyes, and I'm willing to bet not just any old coins will do. We should examine the location more closely to see if we can learn more about this poor guy and his curse.
- The ghostly headman is complaining that will-o'-wisps have been keeping him from sleeping. Poor man. Even in death, he can't get any sleep!
- It turns out it wasn't will-o'-wisps keeping the ghostly headman, Wilber, awake. The real reason proved to be cursed coins with his name on them.
- To put the walking undead, Dorsy, to rest, we need to cover his eyes with the coins he himself once threw down the well to curse someone else... Gross! Does he even deserve our help? It's possible that he's suffered enough already...
- While it looks like there were no good guys in this story, we can only put one of them to rest: Dorsy or Wilber. The other will simply have to wait until Pharasma takes pity on his sinful soul!
Find a way to put the dead man to rest[edit | edit source]
- We met a local, but he certainly wasn't at his best. The poor soul's become undead, and he's wandering the ruins trying to find rest. We should help him, but how?
Figure out what to do with the cursed coins[edit | edit source]
- After heroically opening the well and dealing with the monsters, we found some strange coins with names inscribed on them. Could these be the key to putting the undead to rest?
- Fey voices are full of magic... Literally! This couple charmed us into helping them!
Outcome[edit | edit source]
|“||We did the best we could — there's one less undead in our lands now. It's weak consolation, though. The damage inflicted by the curse is irreparable. We can't bring the village back to life or bring the fey back. All we can do is try to protect those still living in the barony from a similar fate.||„|
Put the Spectre named Wilber to rest[edit | edit source]
Reward: Phylactery of Positive Channeling (+2d6 Channeling)
Put the Ghoul named Dorsey to rest[edit | edit source]
Reward: Cloak of Resistance +2
Secrets[edit | edit source]
It's possible to learn more about the history of this village, and gain a little extra experience, if you keep the coins until you're ready to leave this zone.
- Pick up the quest from either Dorsy and Wilber, but be sure to ask Dorsy why he hates the fey so much. He'll accuse Wilber of selling Nyta to the fey.
- Ask Wilber if that's true, he'll say Nyta left Dorsy of her own free will.
- Collect the coins from the wisps in the well, then show Wilber the coins, but don't put them on the altar. He'll explain more about what they mean.
- Show the coins to Dorsy, but don't give them to him. He'll admit he placed the curse after a woman in a dream gave him the idea.
- Kill the Scythe Tree and bring Nyta's Letter to Wilber, he'll admit he lied to both Dorsy and his daughter.
- You can also show the coins to The Old Beldame and Tiressia, but neither of them have much to add.
- Give the coins to whoever you wish, then tell The Old Beldame about what happened, and she'll say there's no way Dorsy could have placed such a powerful curse by himself, and hint that there's more she isn't saying.