An Ancient Curse, Part Two
|An Ancient Curse, Part Two|
|No image yet|
|The end of previous quest.|
Dire Venomwolf (x2)
|An Ancient Curse|
|An Ancient Curse, Part Three|
An Ancient Curse, Part Two is a quest in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
|“||The spider invasion has been dealt with! But is that the last we'll hear from the dark curse that threatens us from the Bald Hilltop? I guess there's only one way to find out. – We'll just have to be patient and wait.||„|
Talk to the priests[edit | edit source]
- Jhod and Tristian are waiting to discuss the results of the spider invasion.}}
Get ready for anything[edit | edit source]
- What kind of curse is this? Why did it decide to attack us now? And the main question – will it be spiders this time, or something even scarier? I'm beginning to get nervous…
The curse gains power...[edit | edit source]
- We have time to prepare for the next attack from the Bald Hilltop.
Issue an urgent decree and protect the barony[edit | edit source]
- This time it's not spiders. It's real wild animals! We need to figure out how we're going to fight them – and do it quick!
Get to the Bald Hilltop![edit | edit source]
- A new attack has begun! We need to get to the Bald Hilltop right away, and defeat whatever enemies we find there.
Await a report[edit | edit source]
- The attacks on our barony have stopped. Did we win? We'll have to wait for news to arrive!
Outcome[edit | edit source]
|“||Our Barony has had a tough time, but we're standing proud! But I've got a bad feeling that this second attack wasn't the last...||„|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- This quest will be assigned immediately after the player has received their report from Jhod Kavken, Tristian, and Linzi regarding An Ancient Curse.
- The journal will count down for 192 days, and the event Rotten Beasts will become available at 14 days remaining. When Rotten Beasts becomes available, an advisor should be assigned to it immediately; every day that the player fails to react to the Problem will add a stacking -2 penalty to the kingdom's Community, Military, and Economy stats. Once an advisor has been assigned to the Problem, head over to the Bald Hilltop to fight the creatures that have been summoned this time.
- This is also the time to visit the Bald Hilltop and deal with the special encounter for this stage of the quest.
- This encounter will feature a Quickboar, two Dire Venomwolves, a Bear-like Treant, a Smilodon-like Treant, and the Lost Sister. Most of the enemies here shouldn't pose too much of a threat to the party, but the Lost Sister will force high DC Fortitude saves for the whole party every round to prevent Blindness, and the Smilodon-like Treant has a massive attack bonus with multiple attacks, so even the most well armored characters are going to suffer some damage. Try using spells like Heroism, Prayer, and Bear's Endurance to help boost saves against the Blindness, and make sure all characters are using a Cloak of Resistance of some kind. Trying to draw the attention of the Smilodon-like Treant with a high AC character with a Blur or Displacement spell active will help mitigate the damage the party suffers.
- Return to Tuskdale and wait out the remaining days of the quest's development to receive the reward for stopping this incursion on the barony.
- If the player fails to assign an advisor to Rotten Beasts then they will suffer a -2 penalty to the kingdom's Community, Military, and Economy stats.